Tuesday, February 16, 2021

My Father's Journey Story by Aden

  Lawrence’s Journey Story 

Aden & Ayla’s Dad

By Aden


This is a journey story about how my Dad came to New Zealand.


My Dad was born in Samoa on November 29th 1971. My Dad came to New Zealand in 2008 because my Mum wanted to finish school. He wanted to come here because he was a citizen of New Zealand. It was a direct flight from Samoa to New Zealand. They decided to stay in Auckland because they had family here. He found Auckland rather different compared to Samoa. Auckland was big and Samoa was small. My Dad was homesick during the time. New Zealand is our home now. He misses the beaches, food, and the lifestyle in Samoa. Within the years he has been here, he has only been back to Samoa twice.  





(My Dad when he 

was young)




No comments:

Post a Comment